1. First up you will need to make the 48 crepes. It is best to do this in 4 batches of 12. They store for up to 24 hours in air tight containers. (When making this cake, I do 24 at night and then 24 first thing the next morning, i.e the morning I am making the whole cake).
2. Each batch of 12 crepes will use 1 x cup self raising flour, 1 x cup milk and 1 x egg. To make the crepes combine the flour, milk and eggs by whisking. Once whisked, allow to rest for 20 minutes. After batter has rested add a small ladle of mixture to a very hot, buttered crepe/frying pan, swirl pan until mixture spreads evenly across base, when cooked on one side (approx 20 seconds) flip over, cook on other side (approx 15 seconds) then remove from heat. Repeat until all crepes are cooked. Crepes should be golden with crispy edges.
3. To make the ganache: Place chocolate and cream in a saucepan on medium heat. Continuously stir until chocolate is melted and 2 ingredients are combined. A glossy, thick, fudge should result. Take off heat and set aside.
4. Place Ferrero chocolates in a food processor and blitz for a few minutes. You do not want to completely break the balls down into sand, you still want some small chunks to remain. Set aside.
5. It is now time to assemble. Take one crepe, spread with ganache and then sprinkle with Ferrero crumb. Repeat process for all 48 crepes.
6. Whip cream and when whipped slowly add espresso drop by drop. Fold espresso through gently as you do not want to flatten the cream.
7. Cut a slice of the cake and serve with cream and any left over ganache.